Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Heathan Cookies

The name is just a play on words. These chewy sweet drops of love have Heath bits and chopped pecans in them, two of my favorite things. Heath + Pecan = Heathans!! They are heavenly good!

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (softened) or butter flavored shortening, not margarine
8 oz Heath toffee bits
1-1/2 cup chopped pecans (This is not an exact measure. I love pecans and just chopped up a huge amount!)

In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter or shortening until fluffy. Add sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated after each. Turn beaters to low and SLOWLY add the flour. Once the flour is well integrated, stir in, by hand, the toffee bits and chopped pecans. Drop by rounded teaspoon (I use a miniature ice cream scoop) on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies

LETS TALK! If you haven't invested in them already, I highly recommend silicone baking sheets. SILPAT is the brand name, but there are others out there. I have KitchenAide and SILPAT (thank you Holly!). Once you start using these, you will never go back. They are amazing!

LETS TALK FLOUR! If you have it available, I suggest you give King Arthur All-Purpose Flour a try. I didn't think the brand mattered, until I tried the King Arthur. It's silky, smooth, and just a superior flour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the recipes on this site, but I notice you haven't put any new ones up. I hope you do soon! Keep up the good work!!