Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Where have I been hiding?!

I haven't posted in a while, I know. Here's what been going on in my world ..

First, I entered the 2009 Pillsbury Bake Off contest. I'm nervous as all get out about this. I did my research, created a recipe, COMPLETELY changed it, made it a million times which meant making everyone I live with and work with eat it, and then spent hours making sure the recipe was right before submitting it.

After that, my youngest had surgery on her shoulder two weeks ago. It turned out to be more significant than we thought, but she's healing well. The prognosis is good. The doctor's confident she'll play soccer again (now, if only she'd stay on her feet!).

Then, it was my turn. I had knee surgery last Monday! I'm doing good, walking a bit more each day! Trying not to push myself yet, but I am so bored sitting at home! I haven't been in the kitchen much. But it's looking up!

My oldest daughter, Sarah, and my darling granddaughter, Emilee, are flying in tomorrow night to "take care of Nana"! Hopefully, I'll have recipes, and stories, to share with you about our experiences in the kitchen!

No comments: