Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Help Me, Please!


I'm in a rut, a funk, a holding pattern, whatever you wish to call it.

While I enjoy green beans, brussel sprouts, spinach, and broccoli, I'm stuck. These are my go to green vegetables. While I enjoy many, many vegetables, most of household does not.

Oh how I long to roast a head of cauliflower, grill some pretty little asparagus, or saute some squash. But unless I'm going to eat the dish myself, AND, make something for the remainder of the fussy pants eaters, I just don't do it.

It's a waste of time and effort.

Help me, please?!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

i need this advice too! my kid won't eat things that are green. i mean, unless they're artificially green;) makes me crazy!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

I often use green veg' as a warm salad as an accompaniment to a meal (usually a pasta dish). Sugar snap peas, mange tout, fine green beans (French beans) are a favourite, just lightly steamed and drizzled with a with olive oil and clouds of freshly grated parmesan - yummy! I think perhaps the parmesan may be the trick to flavouring/disguising! The Italians have a way with veg!!! Getting the children to 'grown their own, or pick their own' if they are young enough to enjoy the novelty gets them involved and more interested. Stir fries are also a great way of camouflaging greens. Gosh now I'm hungry, bowl of freshly shelled peas anyone?!!! Oh and thank you so much for your sweet, poetic message Anna! Warmest - Glenda xxx